September 19, 2010

It's as Easy as Chicken Pot Pie...

...Which is what I made for dinner tonight. From scratch. Oh yeah. Booyah! I have a super easy recipe (thank you, Martha) and Husband loves. Which is a score, cause he can be a picky eater. I also made Peanut Butter Fudge cake - see post below for recipe- and it was fan-freaking-tastic.

Dinner was a nice cap to a nice Sunday. I slept in until 11, when my Mom called and woke me up, which was fine because I quite enjoy phone calls from my Mom. Then I did some laundry, got gas and picked up some groceries for which to make our tasty dinner. And for the first time ever, I ordered meat from the meat man at the meat counter. I felt like such an adult! Which means tomorrow, we're having pork chops. Which is weird to say because when Husband and I met, he was a vegetarian. And when we got married, he was a vegetarian. Then pretty much out of nowhere, Husband became a carnivore again. AND IT'S FANTASTIC! You have no idea how much easier making dinner is now. I used to have to make two dinners, and now I only have to make one. Magical!

Now we're just chilling out after chicken pot pies and p.b. fudge cake. Listening to the cats snore and chase squirrels (and maybe the neighbors dog) in their sleep. And not looking forward to tomorrow and another looooooooooong work week. Oh well. Such is life.

What did you do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment