July 31, 2010

A Trip to the Farmer's Market

So I got this bright idea to visit the Minneapolis Farmer's Market this morning. Got the idea yesterday, actually. It's not like I was lying awake at 5 am staring at the ceiling, wondering what I could do to fill my time at this ungodly early hour on a Saturday. I wanted to be there right away at 6 when they opened to avoid any parking fiascos and the rude people who stop in the middle of the aisle and block all the good fruit.


And I made out like a bandit! I got 5, YES 5 containers of strawberries for $5, a pint of blueberries for $2, 9 tomatoes, 2 mangos and a pint of cherries for $5. Total spent on fresh fruit and veggies (but aren't tomatoes technically fruit? hmm) $12!! What a steal! Oh and I love how the containers the blueberries came in are so local...all the way from right down the street in Vancouver, B.C. Makes me wonder how much that guy bought the fruit for if he can sell it for so cheap. ANYWAY, here are some photos of my loot!





I made blueberry pancakes this morning for Husband, and they were super tasty! I already ate half of the cherries, and plan on making smoothies out of those mangos. And you're probably wondering why in the world I bought 5 containers of strawberries. Other than the fact that they were dirt cheap. I plan on eating half of them and using the rest to try out a Pampered Chef recipe that I'm demonstrating at a show later in August. They're going to be deeeeeelicious!
I'm going to make the practice strawberry amaretto pastries for our "National Night Out" that our association is having in our cul-de-sac next Tuesday. I'm going to try them out on our unsuspecting neighbors! I'll take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment